UK Dependant Visas

Dependant applications are assessed under the “Family Visas” category since Brexit on 31 December 2020. However, there are, of course, specific details for each visa route. According to this, your first-degree family member should be/have either of the following:

  • A British or Irish citizen
  • Settled in the UK (for example, has obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain)
  • Have Turkish Businessperson or Turkish Worker visa.

In addition to the above categories, family members of individuals in the UK on other visa types can also apply for a dependant visa. Rules and requirements may differ from the above three categories described on this page. For detailed information, you can visit the page of the visa type you want to apply for.

Dependant Visas for ECAA Turkish Businessperson & Turkish Worker Visas

If you have a first-degree family member in the UK with a Turkish Businessperson or Turkish Worker visa, also known as an Ankara Agreement visa, you can join them to live in the UK. The visa application for this route is known as the dependant application.

Your spouse, unmarried partner, or your children under 21 living outside the UK can apply as your dependants. If they are eligible, they can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years of continuous residency. Another unique advantage for the family member visa applications provided by these routes is that you do not have to reach a minimum level of annual income for your children’s applications.

Dependant Visa Applications        

In the application, you are expected to demonstrate your spouse / partner / child’s relationship to you with official documents. The application outcome mostly depends on the authenticity of their relationship to you. Additionally, there can be financial obligations and other requirements to be fulfilled.

Dependant applications can be made within or outside the UK. Depending on the location, the evaluation period can vary between 8 and 12 weeks.

Eligibility – The Basic Criteria

The documents you need to provide may vary depending on the applicant. Firstly, we will underline the aspects you need to pay attention to when applying for your spouse or unmarried partner.

  • Dependant Visa Applications for Your Spouse / Partner

If your spouse / partner is applying to live with you in the UK, you must prove at least one of the following:

  • You have a marriage / civil partnership recognized in the UK
  • You have been living with your partner for the last 2 years (if not married)
  • The person applying as your partner is your fiancé/fiancée and you will marry or apply for a civil partnership within 6 months of arriving in the UK.

If one of the above is valid and you can prove it, your spouse can apply for the dependant visa. If you cannot meet the requirements for demonstrating the partnership, you may still act on the basis of Human Rights. For this reason, the documents you submit to prove your relationship may vary depending on the situation and your relationship. You can contact our team for more detailed information on the subject.

In addition to the documents to prove your relationship, each individual applying for a spouse/partner visa must also document the following situations.

  • Exam result confirming that you know English at A1 level. Tests and exam centres are determined by the Home Office, so not all exam results are considered as valid. Each test centre might have different procedures, fees etc. but as long as it is proved that your result is obtained from an approved and official centre and that you are at A1 level, you can use your result for your visa application. In some cases, you may not be required to take the exam, but proof of your English knowledge is a basic requirement.
  • To prove that the applicant has enough funds to live in the UK, you and your partner are expected to show a total annual income of minimum £18,600. You can submit documents such as payrolls, tax returns, etc. of the partner living in the UK. Additionally, your savings of £16,000 or above, pensions, and rental income can also be declared as annual income.


  • Dependant Visa Applications for Your Children Under 21

You can apply for your children under the age of 21 to live with you in the UK. These applications can be made within the UK or outside the country. For both options, you must fill in an online application form and submit the supporting documents.

There are some elements that are important for the application of your children. For instance, if the other parent of the child is not included in this application, you must prove that you have full custody of the child and the consent of the parent who is not in the UK. If the other parent of the child also applies for the dependant visa at the same time, you do not need to submit a document regarding this.

You can contact us for detailed information.

Contact Us Now To Get Information About Dependent Visas!
Lead Form